Monday, February 28, 2011

Wedding Party Invitations

I am so excited to be sharing my wedding party invitations now that all the girls have received them and have accepted!  It was really hard to keep this a secret until they had received them!  This was a project that I started working on before Christmas and one that I was so excited about!  I knew I wanted to do something special, unique, and truly "girly."  I dreamed up the idea of having bridesmaid dress shaped cookies customly made for my girls.  Of course I had to ask the girls to be part of the wedding somehow along with the cookie, so during one of Mommy's many visits to Atlanta so far, we spent one Sunday afternoon at Paper Affair (a fabulous stationary store that I could do some serious damage in!).  We knew our customized wording for each girl and picked out some sagey green scalloped card stock to have each poem printed on.  The wording was as follows (using the MOH version as the example here):

We thankfully had a very patient and creative store associate who donated much of her time to get the wording, alignment, detail, and printing just right for us!

Paper Affair
So once the individual customized cards were printed for my sister, my maid of honor, the seven bridesmaids, two program attendees, and two brides book attendees we were ready to rock and roll with the cookie portion of the invitation!  In late December I had been in communication with a baker on Etsy who customized cookies.  I was able to convey my vision for the cookies (pearlized dress color with gold pattern on top and gold pearls) and in turn she was able to execute my vision quite perfectly!  I was so thrilled to see the finished product! I asked her to attach each girl's individualized poem invitation to the cookie with gold ribbon.  Most girls received their invitations late last week. 




It was such a wonderful feeling to receive the many phone calls, text messages and acceptances over the weekend!  I am so excited to have my closest girls by my side on my special day!  I also heard the cookies were quite delicious as well:)

Here is the rundown for my bridal party:

Jenna Rentz- sister and maid of honor

Amrita Ford- best friend and bridesmaid
Whitney Smith- high school friend and bridesmaid
Kittery Neale- high school friend and bridesmaid
Caitlin Ellery- sorority sister and bridesmaid
Tiffany Fogg- cousin and bridesmaid
Maggie Rentz- cousin and bridesmaid
Mary Shiver- cousin and bridesmaid

Courtney Engelke- childhood friend and program attendee
Whitney Engelke- childhood friend and program attendee

Amanda Rickles- sorority sister and brides book attendee
Suzanna Willis- sorority sister and brides book attendee

5 comments:

  1. such a cute idea!!! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! what a special way to ask them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookie/poem was one of the cutest ideas I have ever seen! Thank you so much for asking in such a special and yummy ;) way! I love all the back stories, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Jenna and Kit! Was just adorable in every way:)

    ReplyDelete