Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And the beat goes on...


Things are progressing slowly but surely in our wedding world.  Unfortunately, we cannot book our reception site until a year out, so we are patiently waiting for that time to come so we can move full steam ahead with plans.  Right now, I am enjoying having a little time to read all my bride magazines, research photographers, and dream about the honeymoon.  This timing actually works out perfectly with Kevin's schedule as he is knee deep in tax preparation until April 18th.  The long hours and weekends have started.  This past weekend left me with idle time on my hands which is something I haven't experienced in a very long time! I went to the gym, relaxed on the porch with my magazines, and talked to a wedding photographer.  We also went to go see the movie "Just Go With It" and now are considering Hawaii as an option for the honeymoon! It was so gorgeous!  A very funny movie...it was just what we needed for our date night after focusing on the wedding 24/7! 
We also used a Groupon this past weekend that my best friend Amrita had given me for my birthday to a delicious sushi and noodle house in Buckhead called Genki.  They had live music and amazing food.  Kevin doesn't care for sushi like I do, so he ordered an outrageously delicious brown rice bowl.  It was a great date and made me appreciate living in Atlanta around so much culture.  On Sunday we played a round of putt putt golf with sorority sister, Caitlin, and her boyfriend Chris.  We also did a little residential neighborhood looking for that glorious day when we can move in together!  Even though I have a 25-30 minute commute to work everyday, we both feel strongly about our desire to remain in the Vinings area, where I currently live.  It fits our lifestyle very well and is so close to Buckhead.  Kevin and I love house looking, so much more to come on this subject!

2 comments:

  1. The impromptu putt putt golf game was lovely. Next time, lets select an activity that you and I can excel at. I'm sick and tired of Kevin and Chris dominating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genki is our favorite sushi place in Atlanta! It's actually what turned me on to sushi because I didn't like it until I tried it there.

    ReplyDelete