Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Whirlwind



I apologize for the lack of posts over the last week! It has been quite a busy January trying to figure out where Kevin and I want to hold our wedding!  My mother came to Atlanta from the 14th-18th and Kevin and I took off to Asheville this past Saturday to visit some sites up there! I have not been getting much sleep lately, and I feel like I have been living in my high heels for the past 14 days as I have habitually been visiting venues after work or going to wedding events.


My mother and I had the distinct pleasure of visiting one site which featured a wedding coordinator straight out of the movie, “The Wedding Planner!”  Imagine Jennifer Lopez’s character taken to the extreme! It was all part of this fun process which we are really enjoying.  
  
My evenings are not spent at the gym, like I had planned, rather reviewing information at home and trying to figure out vendor and site information.  Hopefully, my gym visits will return to my regular schedule this week!  My trainer, Eric, keeps texting me encouragement, which is much needed!

One of the venues my mother and I visited on MLK day was kind enough to place a bridal bouquet of 18 crème colored roses in our car as we were leaving.  That moment was a very special moment, as they had wrapped the bouquet in red and black satin secured with pearl floral pins, as they knew I had attended UGA!  It made the entire process seem especially real and reminded me how special getting married really is!  I am so happy to have my mother guide me through the process!


More updates soon, as we hope to make a date and venue decision by the end of January!  We have made a ton of headway and met with so many talented people in the bridal industry! 

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I bet you're such a pro. Have fun, Andra, and good luck with everything (not that you need it).

    ReplyDelete