Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the DRESS....

This past weekend when my Momma and Sister arrived ...we BOUGHT my Wedding Dress! I had narrowed down my selections quite a bit and decided on a designer that I adored.  It was just a matter of selecting between several I really loved.  So, what's a girl to do when she likes elements of several? Design her own of course! Brides by Lori in Sandy Springs actually called the designer and we mixed and matched some of the elements on my dress with another dress that I also loved.  It was such a thrilling experience.  I don't think I stopped smiling all day!  It was definitely a long day, but the best part was that I got to prance around the store all day in the dress sample! Here's a sneak peak of my joy and happiness:





Straight from The ROYAL wedding, was TLC's Say Yes to the Dress moderator Monte Durham.  Couldn't believe he was actually at the store the day I was buying my dress.  He was a hoot and added so much spunk and creativity to our experience.  He told us all about British wedding traditions from Princess Diana's wedding to Duchess Katherine!  

It was an very successful day.  I even decided on a bridesmaid dress and color.  More details on this later.  Poor Jenn and Mommy had to stay over Sunday night since my wedding dress apointment lasted from 1 till 5pm on Sunday!~  We went out for Mexican afterwards and met up with Kevin.  It was quite a weekend of meetings and dresses, but so happy to dream about my dress and imagine the actual day!


Kevin and I are off on Friday night to hear a band that is performing in north Georgia that we are strongly considering for our wedding.  Then we are hitting the road on Saturday morning for one of Kevin's college friend's weddings in Augusta.  Then on Sunday we will get to spend Father's Day with Mr. Golden.  Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there! Especially my Daddy who I love dearly!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting, andra! no one will have a dress quite like yours.

    ReplyDelete