Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chocolate Fix





This past Saturday I had the pleasure of learning how to hand make chocolates for our wedding hospitality boxes.  My boss at work, Lia, kindly volunteered to show me how to make chocolates for these boxes after I told her my idea a while ago.  She used to teach cake decorating and candy making at Michael's prior to having her sweet little 9 month old.  She uses this kind of stuff as an outlet and invited Jenna and me over to spend a few hours hand making chocolates for the wedding! 

The prep area
It was so much fun and was shockingly easier than one would expect.  We had ordered the chocolate melts last week, and she showed up how to melt chocolate in a double boiler.  It was super easy and we got to play with Antonio, her little guy during the entire process.  I had purchased molds and we started off with dark chocolate first, then moved onto coloring white chocolate with the colors of the wedding! We even got to flavor one of the chocolate colors.





We ended up making about 80 + bags of chocolates of varying colors.  They are so yummy tasting.  I sampled one- but that will be the last chocolate until the wedding day! What a fun, memorable project! Thank you to Jenna for helping and Lia for teaching!

One last snapshot of sweet Lia's son- Antonio playing with his Daddy's golf club!


1 comment:

  1. So much fun! And how special to say you made them by hand :) can't wait to try one!!

    ReplyDelete